If you’re looking for a career with a dynamic organization where hard work and talent is recognized and appreciated… you’re in the right place. MPI, the leading manufacturer of wax-room equipment worldwide has been experiencing explosive growth and we’re looking for talented people to help us continue our momentum. If a stimulating work environment and an opportunity for career and financial growth is important to you, join our team at our world headquarters in New York’s beautiful Hudson Valley.
- Sub Assembly Tech 2
- Machinist Tech 3 / Programmer
- Field Service Technician 2
- OH Interface Tech
- Engineer - Mechanical
Complete sub assembly job orders by performing mechanical and electrical tasks required to achieve a finished sub assembly product. This is accomplished by viewing drawings, prints, schematics and shop manuals to ensure proper component placement and operation. Assist sub assembly Tech 1 with knowledge and best ways to achieve goals. Work with team to ensure completed assemblies meet MPI product schedule and quality standards.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- Follow all Personal Protection Procedures and Requirements.
- Compliance of all OSHA and MPI Safety Procedures.
- Follow Quality Control assembly check lists to assemble sub-assemblies and machines.
- Proper component placement with appropriate sealant and torque as required.
- Assist team members with technical knowledge and show best ways to obtain high quality results.
- Work with Sr. Tech to meet MPI schedules and quality standards.
- Operate forklift for material placement, upon completion of MPI training.
- Operate hoist and lift tables, upon completion of MPI training.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each principal duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, experience, skill, and ability required:
- Sound understanding of electrical fundamentals and the ability to read and interpret schematics, ability to comprehend circuits and components.
- Mechanical experience in assembly or repair.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings.
- Above average skill level and ability to perform technical trouble shooting and diagnostics of mechanical and electrical components and control mechanisms.
- Moderate computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office software.
- One year certificate from college or technical school and 2 years experience; or three to five years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively with employees of organizations including fellow workers, engineering staff and supervisors.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Valid driver’s license: checked and verified by MPI Insurance carrier before driving MPI vehicles.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving multiple variables in standardized situation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the principal duties of this position:
- The employee is regularly required to stand or sit for extended periods.
- The employee must occasionally lift 50 lbs and/or move up to 1000 pounds with proper equipment.
- The employee is required to pass a medical evaluation to determine suitability for respirator use prior to employment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the principal duties of this position:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee can be exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, vibration and hot surfaces.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to slightly above.