If you’re looking for a career with a dynamic organization where hard work and talent is recognized and appreciated… you’re in the right place. MPI, the leading manufacturer of wax-room equipment worldwide has been experiencing explosive growth and we’re looking for talented people to help us continue our momentum. If a stimulating work environment and an opportunity for career and financial growth is important to you, join our team at our world headquarters in New York’s beautiful Hudson Valley.
The position of Field Service Manager at MPI requires the managing of Field Service Engineering personnel who perform on-site maintenance, installations, commissioning, repairs, PM’s, diagnosing and assuring Customer Satisfaction both Internally and Externally. Hiring, Scheduling and Training of FSE and Administrative staff is critical. Promoting and Selling MPI Benefits and Values leading to a customer’s ROI through Service Contracts, Warranties and Directs Support Services are mission critical. Developing methods, guidelines, and policies to facilitate efficient service delivery is required. Ensure all customer issues are satisfactorily resolved utilizing MPI protocols and engaging with engineering, manufacturing, and other cross-functional teams as needed. Provide input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. Control Costs of the Field Service department. Manage escalated issues and coordinate for resolution. Above all take initiative and create plans to improve MPI Field Service – Image, Reputation, Revenue, Services, Profitability and Customer Satisfaction. Establish KPI’s for the department and measure results. Lead by example!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each principal duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, experience, skill, and ability required:
- Provide quality service to MPI’s internal and external customers while upholding MPI’s values at all times.
- Direct, Prioritize and Manage the daily operations of the FS department to assure Customer Satisfaction.
- Communicate clearly and effectively through excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess very good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage key projects.
- Lead, Motivate and Encourage a global Field Service Team.
- Create strategies to successfully promote and sell Service. ( Upgrades, Enhancements, Services)
- Make recommendations and design policies and guidelines that will reduce costs and improve the efficiency of the Service dept.
- Assure staff is properly training and equipped to perform the duties of their job.
- Produce and provide on-site presentations to customers promoting Service.
- Collaborate closely with Sales to produce a synergistic message to MPI’s customers.
- Utilize MPI’s preferred ERP system to effectively generate Service Quotations, Track Service Calls and communicate within MPI.
- Define procedures for training and the developing of Service Personnel to handle MPI’s Automation Products.
- Assure all customer requests coming in through Phone Calls, Emails and Website Inquiries are handled expeditiously and with closed loop follow-up.
- Develop Technical Support Staff to provide Telephonic Support and perform Remote Diagnostics.
- Assist in goal setting, skill enhancement and performance reviews of staff.
- Create and monitor metrics to gauge Customer Satisfaction and Field Service Performance.
- Must take ownership of all Service related responsibilities from inception through conclusion.
Skills / Qualifications / Competencies:
- Must have a working knowledge of products serviced by MPI or relative experience in a similar technical / industrial capital equipment environment.
- Command of MS Office SW Products.
- Working knowledge of experience with ERP SW EpiCor a plus.
- Ability to make Presentations in front of Technical or Commercial Customer staffing.
- Calm demeanor in the face of adversity.
- Excellent listening and reasoning skills.
- Problem solving and Conflict resolution skills.
- Developing and Maintaining Budgets.
- Controlling Travel Expenses and Asset Management.
- Time management skills.
- Mentor to others.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Business and/or Engineering discipline.
- 5+ years managing Field Service, Applications or Technical Support teams.
- 75% – Office Environment at MPI Headquarters where Engineering and Production take place.
- 25% – Domestic and International Travel to and from Customers Sites, Conferences and Expos.
- Remain flexible to address the demands of the job.