If you’re looking for a career with a dynamic organization where hard work and talent is recognized and appreciated… you’re in the right place. MPI, the leading manufacturer of wax-room equipment worldwide has been experiencing explosive growth and we’re looking for talented people to help us continue our momentum. If a stimulating work environment and an opportunity for career and financial growth is important to you, join our team at our world headquarters in New York’s beautiful Hudson Valley.
We are searching for an engineer who is excited about seeing the machines he or she designs come to life. We build all of the machines we design right here on site, from our industry-leading standard wax injectors to our highly demanded custom machines. The investment casting foundries we serve vary from small commercial foundries to international companies whose products range from airplane engines to implants for the human body. We design and build for their specific needs. You will never be bored as a member of our engineering department as you work on a wide range of equipment from our traditional machines to our automated machines with six axis robots.
We’re looking for a dynamic engineer who wants to both learn and teach and enjoys working in an open team environment alongside our manufacturing and service departments. You will have the opportunity to interact with coworkers who build the machines as well as our worldwide customers. The right candidate must also want the responsibility of managing a project from start to finish both on time and within budget. The ideal candidate will enjoy managing people as well as projects.
This opportunity is for a Mechanical Engineer with knowledge and experience in machine design, including pneumatics and hydraulics. A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering and a minimum of six years of experience are required. The person in this position will oversee major engineering projects with minimal supervision. Project management experience is a must.
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please attach your résumé and cover letter.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- Mechanical Design Responsible for creating mechanical designs within the constraints determined by the given project, time, cost, performance.
- Project Supervision: Oversees the completion of an engineering project with general supervision. These responsibilities include the following:
- Estimating engineering hours required for a project.
- Mechanical design.
- Coordinates electrical design and PLC programming with Electrical Engineer.
- Machine documentation, including bill of materials.
- Project checking.
- Manufacturing assembly support.
- Project reporting and documentation.
- Checking: Responsible for inspecting and approving all work that is completed for a given project. ENGA is also responsible for ensuring that any of his or her own work is inspected and approved by a qualified Engineer.
- Documentation: Engineer A is responsible for the proper documentation of his or her work. Documentation includes ECR’s, machine manuals, check list, and others.
- Scheduling & Reporting: Responsible for reporting the status of his or her project in accordance with the engineering production schedule at every weekly meeting. If a problem occurs that requires immediate attention, it is the engineer’s responsibility to report to the department manager at that time.
- Estimating: Has the capability to estimate custom machines and options for the Sales department. This is to include an estimate for the cost of materials, engineering hours, and manufacturing hours, as supplied by the Manufacturing Manager.
- New Products: Works closely with suppliers to stay informed of new, upcoming products to enhance MPI machines and meet future needs. Communicates this information to other Engineers and to management.
- Sales Support: Has the capability to work with customer to identify and meet their needs. Works with the customer from the point of sale, support, to completion of the project.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each principal duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, experience, skill, and ability required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 6 to 10 years of related experience.
- Sound understanding of mechanical design, drawing practices, geometric tolerances, and dimensioning in regards to machine tool design.
- Experience with machine tool equipment, electrical, hydraulic, mechanical design.
- Sound Software knowledge; Excel, SolidWorks, and Microsoft Windows.
- Flexible, able to react to change.
- Sound communication skills, verbal, written and the ability to listen effectively.
- Good organization skills.
- Ability to know when to seek guidance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the principal duties of this position:
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. to perform the functions of this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the principal duties of this position:
- The work environment for this position is a manufacturing facility.